Contrary to the name of these cookies, they are quite far from a nutritionally sound breakfast! These breakfast cookies are formally known as Farm Cookies, a recipe my friends mother Sheila was so kind as to give me once we tried them during vacation at her house in South Carolina. The name has since morphed from her cookies into mine because of one small story that includes my boyfriend thinking that if you add "breakfast" in front of a dessert, it then becomes perfectly good to eat at 4:30 in the morning.
These make a lot, so make sure you share!
1 cup butter (at room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups frosted flakes
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 cup pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425 (ovens vary, so test from 400-425)
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until pale in color and totally blended
3. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder
4. Blend in the dry ingredients in to the wet until fully incorporated
5. Last, carefully mix in the Frosted Flakes, oatmeal, coconut and nuts until just combined (be carful not to crush the cereal)
6. Roll dough into balls (or use a medium size cookie spoon) and press down to slightly flatten the dough
7. Bake for about 7-8 minutes, until golden brown
8. Cool on wire rack and enjoy them as fast as you can!
*Makes 4 1/2 dozen